Faculty delegation to the German Jordanian University as part of the MESIM project
In April 2023, work progressed on the international Master’s programme “Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management (MESIM) – a cooperation between the Department of Economics at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences and the SATS Faculty (Engineering) at the German Jordanian University in Jordan. Professors and academic staff from the faculties are developing a cross-university master’s degree programme to develop their own entrepreneurial skills, which can be used in their own companies or as innovation managers in multinational organisations.
At the end of May 2023, professors and academic staff from the Department of Economics travelled to the GJU in Amman, Jordan, as part of a 7-day delegation.
The aim of the visit was to further develop the content and formal cornerstones of the programme developed by the partners in joint working meetings and to prepare a memorandum of cooperation.
The project was flanked by an entrepreneurship and innovation workshop lasting several days with faculty members from both universities, which was intended to raise awareness of the topics of entrepreneurial idea development, AI in Academia and entrepreneurship using practical examples and thus contribute to a better understanding of future joint entrepreneurial teaching.
Programme items, including
- three days of intensive workshops on the development of the Joint Master’s programme (Department of Industrial Engineering, SATS)
- three-day innovation and business model seminar with the Deanship of Innovation, Technology
- Transfer and Entrepreneurship and staff (DI-TECH) (Heitjans, Meisel
- Impulse workshop on the use of AI and ChatGPT in teaching and research (ZAKKI project: Weigert, Behrendt)
- Deans Meetings (DI-TECH, SATS
- Meeting and getting to know the International Offic
- Meeting and getting to know the GJU President
The delegation members thanked the GJU for the many conversations and contacts with students, lecturers, administrative staff.
To continue, a trip of the Jordanian colleagues to Magdeburg and Stendal was arranged for September. We are looking forward to the visit.