On February 3rd 2020 the starting signal was given for a series of networking meetings on the topic of “Digital Sales Channels in Saxony-Anhalt”. Organized by the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal, three projects met in Magdeburg in the Institute for Automation and Communication (Institut für Automation und Kommunikation – IFAK) and exchanged their viewpoints on similarities and differences in their projects.
All of the participating projects deal with topics concerning digital transformations in retail and local supply. In particular the projects are:
- Online Trade for Regionally Produced Food (ORIENT) – the joint project of the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal and the IFAK
- Digital Network for Local Supply (DiNeNa) – Harz University
- Mobile Marketplace 4.0 – Salzlandkreis
Among other things, subjects of the debate were
- Discussion of possibilities of digital local supply
- Opportunities and obstacles in the development of digital distribution channels in rural areas
- Commonalities and possibilities of cooperation between the projects
The projects ORIENT, DiNeNa and Mobile Marketplace 4.0 are all funded by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture as part of the Land. Digital model program. In order to promote closer networking and exchange at state level, the series of networking meetings was launched.